I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My parents are members as well so I was brought up in the faith. I was baptized when I was 8 years old. As far back as I can remember I have known that God exists and is the literal Heavenly Father of every human being's spirit. The Spirit of Truth has whispered to my soul the divinity of the Plan of Salvation: the path that takes us back to live again with our Father according to our faith and obedience in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
As I have lived my life, I have had many opportunities and experiences that have shaped me into who I am today and hopefully I will continue to become a better person. I have miles to go as my family can attest.
But I also know that my Savior is always reaching for me to lift me up as I turn to Him for help. I have made mistakes and rebelled against the Lord but I know that as I repent the Lord will forgive me. It is hard work and many times I do not feel worthy of the love of my Savior, but I also feel the peace the Atonement brings.
I have often felt the desire to share these things. Perhaps this format will fulfill this yearning.
I wanted to write some things on my blog to help others who may be struggling in their lives to know who they are and for what purpose they have come to earth. Every so often I will write about a certain gem of truth. It will be like a personal study notebook. It will be very rough and full of my weaknesses. Yet it is all for the glory of my God.
So here goes. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment